In publica commoda

Change of study location / End of studies

If you want to leave the University of Göttingen, you should exmatriculate to avoid being officially exmatriculated by the University. You can download a confirmation once your exmatriculation has been processed.
By default the date of removal is at the end of the semester, unless you state a specific date in your request for exmatriculation. It is not possible to exmatriculate retrospectively.

You can use an online form to apply for exmatriculation. Please follow the instructions.

Please note the extra information on reimbursement of semester fees.

If you are planning to change to a different institution of higher education, please do not change the pre-set date (semester end) so that your student status is not interrupted, as the new institution of higher education will enrol you for the upcoming semester. When you have conducted your exmatriculation, you can immediately print out your exmatriculation and/or pension certificate.