Integrated Plant and Animal Breeding (iPAB)
The coordination office is closed for physical appointments due to the COVID-19 restrictions! Any consultation will be done by telephone or mail!
The EMABG application period for student intakes in 2021/22 (start of studies in August 2021) has started! The EMABG Consortium is looking forward to receiving your applications.
The programme is open for excellent students with a background in animal sciences, biology or related fields, who would like to specialise in the field of Animal Breeding and Genetics. We welcome applicants of any nationality, economic or social background who meet our admission requirements. Application deadline: 15th January 2021.
The application portal for iPAB is closed now! The opening of the application portal for the intake 21/22 will be announced here in autumn 2020
iPAB at a Glance:
Admission requirements: BSc in agriculture, biology or related disciplines; proof of proficiency in English: CEFR Level C1 (TOEFL or equivalent)
Your profile: High degree of self-motivation and natural curiosity to tackle complex biological problems; Research-minded and not afraid of big data, mathematics and statistics; Interest in a long term engagement in international breeding research
iPAB prepares you for an international career in the breeding sector
- Plant breeding companies
- Animal breeding companies
- Breeding associations
- Public and private research centers
- Governmental agencies
- International organisations
- Quantitative genetics and population genetics
- Breeding schemes and programs in plant and animal breeding
- Statistical genetics, breeding informatics and experimental design
- Biotechnology and molecular genetics in plant and animal breeding
- Selection theory, design and optimisation of breeding programs
- Breeding Informatics
- Poultry breeding and genetics
- Biotechnology and forest genetics
- Genetic resources
...and further interesting modules...