Subproject 1: Vegetation and rangeland dynamics and implications for policy
- Gaillard, C. (PhD, Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F). “ Biome and biodiversity shift scenarios for Limpopo ” in progress
Subproject 2: Functional biodiversity in agricultural landscapes
- Linden, V. C. (PhD, University of Venda). "How bird and bat communities affect insect damage of macadamia trees" in process
- Smith, A. (PhD, University of Pretoria). "The effects of land-use, habitat structure, species interactions and altitudinal and rainfall gradients at the regional and local scale on animalivorous bats." in progress
- Weier, S. (Phd thesis, University of Venda) "Management of bat communities to increase pest control in macadamia orchards, South Africa". in progress
- Mauda, E. V. (MSc, University of Venda). "Ant and spider diversity in a rural landscape of the Vhembe Biosphere, South Africa." 2016.
- Meyer, S. (MSc Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution, University of Göttingen). "Effects of spatial arrangement of bee hives and landscape context on pollination of Macadamia in South Africa" 2016.
- Maphote, T. (MSc Zoology, University of Venda). "Ecosystem services and disservices of ants and the surrounding natural vegetation in subsistence farming (Limpopo Province): an experimental approach in mango orchards"
- Maree, N. (MSc Zoology, University of Venda). "Meso-carnivore diversity, abundance and occupancy in an agro-ecological matrix: Implications for ecologically based rodent management" Co Supervised with Dr Lourens Swanepoel, Prof P Taylor (UNIVEN) and Dr M Keith (UP).
- Muluvhahote, A. (MSc, University of Venda). "Trait-based approach in understanding ant community structure and species response to global climate change across the Soutpansberg mountain, South Africa"
- Nembudani, N. L. (MSc, University of Venda). "Response of rodents to land use gradients in small-holder croplands/rangelands in northern Limpopo: implications for Ecologically-based rodent management (EBRM)".
- Muluvhahote, A. (BSc Honours, University of Venda). "Thermal thresholds that might influence the distribution and abundance of the two-spotted stink bug (Bathycoelia distincta), a major pest on Macadamia in South Africa" 2016.
- Nethavhani, Z. (BSc Honours, University of Venda). "Response of ants to experimental drought and grazing in a semi-arid savanna biome (Limpopo province)" 2016.(a coorporation with SP4)
Subproject 3: Ecosystems and livelihoods
- Gastrow, S. "Linking RapidEye Imagery with avifaunal data to explore habitat functionality in the Limpopo Province, South Africa" march 2018
Subproject 4: Livelihoods and farming systems
- Lekalakala, G. (PhD TROPAGS) "Finding Opportunities for Managing Climate Risk in Highly Resource Constrained Crop Based Smallholder Farming System of the Limpopo Basin" 2017
- Mobe, N. T. (MSc Agriculture / Agronomy)."Response of maize yield to cultivar and planting date and validation using APSIM under dryland in Limpopo province" In progress.
- Mulaudzi, A. P. (MSc Agriculture / Soil Science). "Nitrogen fertilizer and biochar application rates effects on maize growth, yield and physicochemical properties of a sandy loam soil" In progress
- Bringhenti, T. (MSc TROPAGS). "Plant species composition and diversity of homegardens in Limpopo, South Africa: describing their status and exploring their determining factors" July 2018
- Beushausen, W. (MSc TROPAGS) "The role of homegardens in the face of climate variability and their contribution to dietary diversification in rural villages of Limpopo, RSA" August 2018
- Lamega, S. A. (MSc Agriculture / Soil Science) "Heterogeneity of soil fertility in smallholder farming systems in Limpopo, RSA", Febuary 2018
- Nethavhani, Z. (BSc Honours, University of Venda). "Response of ants to experimental drought and grazing in a semi-arid savanna biome (Limpopo province)" 2016. (a cooperation with SP2)