Dr. Martin Parlasca was a GlobalFood member from 2017-2020. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Göttingen, Chair of International Food Economics and Rural Development.
Martin Christoph Parlasca
- 07/2017- 03/2020 Doctoral Studies (Dr. rer. pol.) . University of Göttingen, Germany. Thesis: Essays on Trust, Mobile Phones, and Nutrition among Pastoralists in Northern Kenya.
- 10/2014 - 12/2016 Agricultural and Food Economics M.Sc., Friedrich-Wilhelms University Bonn, Germany. Focus areas: Agribusiness; Agricultural and Development Policy. Thesis: Motivation for Bilateral Development Assistance in the 21st Century
- 08/2012 - 12/2012 Student Exchange at Korea University in Seoul, Korea
- 10/2010 - 07/2014 Business Administration B.Sc. University of Cologne, Focus areas: International Management; Corporate Organization. Thesis: Chances and Challenges of Employability Enhancement
- 07/2017 - 03/2020 Research Associate Research Training Group: Transformation of Global Agri-Food Systems GlobalFood
- 01/2017 - 06/2017 Agricultural Trainer, Arava Institute for Sustainable Development in Lobur/Lodwar, Kenya
- 08/2016 - 11/2016 Secondary level Teacher for Biology and Natural Phenomena, German Embassy School Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 04/2013 - 08/2016 Various Student and Student Research Positions at the g.e.b.b in Cologne, Germany, Friedrich-Wilhelms University, and the German Development Institute (DIE), Bonn, Germany
- Parlasca, M.C., D. Herrmann, M. Qaim (2020). Can mobile phones build social trust? Insights from rural Kenya. Journal of Rural Studies 79, 345-360.
- Parlasca, M. C., Hermann, D., & Musshoff, O. (2020). Can Mobile Phones Build Social Trust? Insights from Rural Kenya. Journal of Rural Studies (forthcoming).
- Parlasca, M. C., Mußhoff, O., & Qaim, M. (2020). Can mobile phones improve nutrition among pastoral communities? Panel data evidence from Northern Kenya. Agricultural Economics, 51(3), 475-488.
- Parlasca, Martin C., Daniel Hermann, and Oliver Mußhoff. (2019) "A radius of trust? Contrasting insights from experiments and survey data. Contrasting Insights From Experiments and Survey Data.” Cege discussion paper 383.