The doctoral programme in Chemistry combines the highest scientific level and specialised teaching with attractive, modern research questions. The research foci of the Göttingen Faculty of Chemistry are in the field of "Functional Biomolecular Chemistry", "Sustainable Chemistry" and "Analytical Methods for Molecular Interaction". This opens up a wide range of possible questions for your doctoral thesis.
- Dr. rer. Nat. or PhD
- Language of the programme:
- German and English (programme can be completed in only one language)
- Standard period of study:
- 6 semesters
- Start of studies:
- Winter and summer semester
- Restricted (application to the faculty)
Get to know us
In the doctoral programme, doctoral candidates work on their research question in depth under the guidance of a team of experienced professors. At the same time, they continue their education in special lectures, at conferences, etc. and present their research results there. Doctoral students benefit in a special way from the faculty's modern pool of large-scale equipment as well as the close networking of chemistry with neighbouring faculties and the Max Planck Institutes on the Göttingen Campus.
The doctoral programme ends with the submission of the doctoral thesis and the oral defense.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor in the doctoral programme in chemistry for the doctoral project
- Relevant consecutive Master's degree programme (at least 1year standard period of study) and a total period of study of at least 4 years
- Subject-related relevance: 110 ECTS in the field of mathematics and natural sciences
- If your native language or the language of your Bachelor's programme is not German , you must prove sufficient knowledge of the German language at the level DSH-2 or comparable.
- If your native language or the language of your Bachelor's degree programme is not English , you must prove sufficient knowledge of the English language at the level C1 GER .
Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Chemistry
Phone: +49-551 39 21810