Booking of practice and rehearsal rooms at Casa Musica
In the Casa musica, Herzberger Landstraße 2 there is the opportunity to practice piano or your own instrument. There are different rooms to choose from:
1. the rehearsal hall of the University Choir and Orchestra (with a piano from the Schimmel company)
2. the seminar room on the first floor (usually on weekdays from 5 p.m. and on weekends, with a Steinway B grand piano)
3. the "orchestra room" (with an electric piano from Korg)
4. the musical director's office (with a Stutz grand piano from the Duysen company)
5. the office of Jens Wortmann (with an electric piano from Casio)
The use of the rooms is intended for students and employees of the Georg-August-Universität and is free of charge. However, the use of the rooms must be registered.
Access to Casa musica is regulated with a chip card. The new (white) student cards as well as new (white) employee cards are compatible with the system. Old (blue) cards are NOT compatible. These must be exchanged at the Student Centre at Wilhelmsplatz. The exchange costs a one-time fee of 8 euros.Employees can exchange their card at the card office.
The use of the rooms is ONLY permitted after prior booking of a room. Bookings for registered users with an activated key card are possible directly. Other interested parties must allow for a processing time of 2-3 working days.