In publica commoda

Critical situations during studies

There are different contact persons, depending on the type of difficulty you may have.

For example, if you need assistance regarding decision-making when considering a change in your academic path, or have learning problems, problems with exams or any other issues that are making your studies difficult, then you will find help at the Central Advising Office of the University of Göttingen.

If you have purely subject-related questions on the organization of your studies, you can find help at the decentral subject advising or the departmental student organization. The examination offices and examination boards are responsible for the recognition of studies and give information on formal examination requirements.

For personal conflict situations, such as family or relationship problems, you can turn to the psychosocial advisory office at Student Services (Psychosoziale Beratungsstelle des Studentenwerks) for help, or in emergency cases also to the psychotherapy clinic for students (Psychotherapeutische Ambulanz für Studierende). The staff at these locations are all trained therapists.

Our university equal opportunities officers are your first contact for topics such as discrimination on grounds of sex and gender or sex-related violence.