Course of studies
Core Studies (60 C)
- 3 Core modules (each 12 C)
- Advanced module I (12 C, 7 week labrotation)
- Advanced module II (12 C, 7 weeks labrotation)
Prerequisite for entering the advanced modules is passing the respective core module.
II. Professionalization (30 C)
- Profile module (12 C): Can be an additional core module, the modul M.Bio.110, a core module from the Master program Developmental, Neural, and Behavioral Biology or modules totalling 12 C of the Master program Chemistry. If authorized by the examination committee modules from other faculties or »assembled modules« (max 3 modules). On request without grading.
- Advanced module III M.Bio.131 »Scientific project management (6 C, compulsory module)
- 12 C of the program specific key competence modules or of the soft skills offering of the university (no grading)
- students who have not certified level B2 according to the common European reference framework should pass modules to acquire the German language at the Language Centre German as a Foreign Language (Lektorat Deutsch als Fremdsprache) of an amount of 6 C
III. Master's Thesis (30 C)
- 26 weeks
Prerequisite is successful completion of at least 78 C of modules within the program including both advanced modules I and II as well as advanced module IIII: M.Bio.131.