The governmental scholarships of the People’s Republic of China are awarded by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) under participation of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Federal Republic of Germany. They are addressed to up to 10 excellent doctoral, master and bachelor students of the University of Göttingen. First you have to apply for the Global Exchange Programme and then for CSC.
Excellent doctoral, master and bachelor students of the University of Göttingen who participate in the Global Exchange Programme.
You have to submit the following application documents:
- Upload, print and sign CSC online application form for Type A: Campuschina
- Copy of the passport page with personal data and indication of validity
- Application letter (Motivation) with curriculum
- Officially certified copies of the last diploma (in English)
- Current enrolment certificate
- Proof of current studies (Flex-now excerpt in English)
- 2 recommendation letters / reports from lecturers (in English, only for applicants of a Master and PhD programme)
- Health certificate (for stays of 6 months and over)
- If available – copy of the HSK certificate (proof of Chinese language skills)
- Tabular CV (usually with date and signature)
- Official certificate of good conduct (not older than 6 months)
- A copy of GI's institutional cooperation agreements must be attached. Please contact Dr. Maren Büttner fot the necessary Agency No. (contact below).
- Find instructions to the CSC application procedure here
Application deadline: There is one application cycle per year. The application deadline is usually mid-February.
CSC fellows receive a monthly subsistence allowance of up to CNY 3,500, free dorm room accommodation, exemption from fees for study, enrolment, experiment and basic teaching materials, as well as a basic health and accident insurance. The scholarship is paid out in China by CSC. More information and FAQs: Campuschina
Dr. Maren Büttner
Study Abroad Advisor
China, India, Mongolia, South Korea, Taiwan
Phone: 0551 39-21327
(Login Domain: ug-student\...)
For general questions