- born in 1980, 1999-2004 student of Sociology and Political science at Universität Potsdam, Mount Holyoke College, Amherst College, and the University of Massachusetts
- 2005-2012 researcher and lecturer at the Chair of Macrosociology (Prof. Dr. Jürgen Gerhards), Department of Sociology, Free University Berlin
- December 2008 PhD, topic of doctoral thesis: Assimilation or Segregation? Processes of Adjustment of Immigrants in Germany.
- 2013-2014 Assistant Professor for Sociology of Migration, Department of Sociology, Free University Berlin
- since April 2014 Professor for Sociology of Migration, Institute for Sociology