Dr. Irena Fliter
Die perönliche Webseite von Dr. Irena Filter finden sie hier.
Current Research ProjectFlows and Frictions: The Camondo Family as Cultural Translators between the Ottoman Empire and Europe in the Eighteenth Century
Academic Professional Experience
since Oct 2018: University of Göttingen (Göttingen, Germany)
"Flows and Frictions: The Camondo Family as Cultural Translators between the Ottoman Empire and Europe in the Eighteenth Century“
2017-2018: Humboldt University of Berlin (Berlin, Germany)
Lecturer, The Ottoman Empire and Europe during the Long Eighteenth Century
2011-2017: Tel Aviv University (Tel Aviv, Israel)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of Middle Eastern and African History
"From Delegates to Diplomats: The Ottoman Diplomatic Office in Prussia (1763-1808)“
2007-2010: Tel Aviv University (Tel Aviv, Israel)
Masters of Arts, Middle Eastern History
2005-2008: Humboldt University of Berlin (Berlin, Germany)
Grundstudium, Modern History, Minors in Ancient History and Archeology
- Scholarship of the Thomas Arthur Arnold Fund for Excellence, Moshe Dayan Center, Tel Aviv (2014 - 2016)
- Award of the Chaim Herzog Center for Middle East Studies & Diplomacy, Beersheba (2014)
- Süleyman Demirel Scholarship, Moshe Dayan Center, Tel Aviv (2014)
- Scholarship of the Orient-Institut Istanbul, Max Weber Stiftung (2013)
- PhD Grand, Faculty of History, Tel Aviv University (2011 - 2014)
- DAAD-Scholarship for an exchange between Humboldt University and NYU (2007)
- "Entangled Living. Ahmed Resmi Efendi's Residences during his Mission to Prussia in 1763/4." Culture and Diplomacy: Ambassadors as Cultural Actors in the Ottoman-European Relations from the 16th to the 19th Century. Edited by Reinhard Eisendle, Suna Suner, Hans Ernst Weidinger. Wien: Hollizer Wissenschaftsverlag (forthcoming 2021).
- "Birth, Berat, and Banishment Translating Subjecthood between the Ottoman and Habsburg Empires at the End of the Eighteenth Century." Übersetzen in der Frühen Neuzeit - Konzepte und Methoden / Concepts and Practices of Translation in the Early Modern Period. Edited by Regina Toepfer, Peter Burschel, and Jörg Wesche. Heidelberg: J.B. Metzler (forthcoming 2021).
- "Multifarious and Multitasking: The Dragomans and Secretaries of Ottoman Embassies to Eighteenth-century Prussia." Zwischen Domestik und Staatsdiener: Botschaftssekretäre in den frühneuzeitlichen Außenbeziehungen. Edited by Florian Kühnel and Christine Vogel. Köln, Weimar, Wien: Böhlau, 2021: 200-223.
- "Giritli Ali Aziz Efendi." Edited by D. Thomas and J. A. Chesworth. Christian-Muslim Relations. A Bibliographical History. Asia, Africa and the Americas (1700-1800). Leiden: Brill Online, 2018.
- "The Diplomats' Debts: International Financial Disputes between the Ottoman Empire and Prussia at the End of the Eighteenth Century." The Journal of Ottoman Studies, no. XLVIII (2016): 399-416.
- History of Ottoman Jews
- Ottoman-European relations
- Translational History
- Ottoman History
- Cultural Diplomacy during the Early Modern Period