"MUSIC, CONFLICT AND THE STATE" RESEARCH LIBRARY
PLEASE NOTE: THE RESEARCH GROUP "MUSIC, CONFLICT AND THE STATE" WILL BE DISBANDED IN ITS PRESENT FORM IN APRIL 2014 AND THESE PAGES WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED AFTER THIS POINT.
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF "MUSIC, CONFLICT AND THE STATE" RESEARCH LIBRARY
The books held by the research group in their office in the Department of Musicology are the property of the Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen and are catalogued as such in the SUB’s OPAC system. In addition, a complete list of the books in the MCS library can be found as a PDF on the research group’s website.
The books may be consulted by users of the Department of Musicology library, on the condition that they are not urgently needed by members of the research group. The books may be checked out for the day and may only be used in the Department of Musicology library. If the user requires any book for a longer period of time it is possible to arrange for an extension: however, the books may not be taken out of the Department of Musicology library at any time.
GUIDELINES ON ORDERING, USING AND RETURNING
- Books may not be picked up at the MCS office; instead a member of the research group will deliver the books to the Department of Musicology library.
- Book requests may be made by calling 0551 39 6912 (should no-one be available, please leave a message). Orders that are made by 2 p.m. Monday – Thursday will generally be available in the Department of Musicology library the following day. Requests submitted on Friday will generally be available on the following Tuesday.
- The research group cannot guarantee that all books will be available at all times, as research members have first priority in their use. Therefore, we recommend that you leave your telephone number or e-mail address so that we can contact you regarding the availabilty of the books requested.
- Requested books can be picked at the reception area of the department library in exchange for a deposit. The books must be returned to the reception by the library’s closing time at the latest.
- By prior arrangement, it is possible for library users to browse for relevant literature in the office of the research group. However, in this case as well the books may only be used in the Department of Musicology library.
If you have any further questions please contact us at:
Tel. 0551 39 6912