NC / Selection procedure results
In courses with restricted admission, the university places will be assigned based on the criteria qualification and waiting time:
- 90% of the university places to the applicants with the best points score (qualification)
- 10% of the university places to the applicants with the longest waiting times
All applicants are arranged in two separate ranking lists based on these criteria, which are not set off against each other.
- Assignment based on qualification (points score): 90%
The points score is calculated by combining the overall score on the certificate of qualification for higher education with the scores for three subjects which are relevant for the desired programme. For every subject, the arithmetic average of the scores during the last four terms is calculated. For details see the sample calculation below.
Overall score on the certificate of qualification for higher education (80%)
Subject 1 (10%): English
Subject 2 (5%): German
Subject 3 (5%): Mathematics
- Assignment based on waiting time: 10%
The waiting time is the number of semesters during which the applicant has not studied at a German institution of higher education after his or her qualification for admission to higher education.
When two applicants have the same waiting time, their position in the waiting time ranking list is determined by their grades ("secondary criterion").
- Advance contingent
University places for hardship cases, foreign nationals, those studying for a second undergraduate degree, those who already have a professional degree, and those who are treated preferentially due to a community service already fulfilled will be assigned in advance and based on a special set of criteria.
Selection procedure results for WS 2019/20
- Qualification: 12.34 points
- Waiting time: 12 semesters (grade 3.3)
Selection procedure results for WS 2018/19
- Qualification: 12.18 points
- Waiting time: 12 semesters (grade 2.3)
Selection procedure results for WS 2017/18
- Qualification: 12.52 points
- Waiting time: 14 semesters (grade 3.4)