Orientation week for Biology students
A warm welcome!
The orientation week, orientation phase or "O-Phase" for short, serves as an introduction to university and studies for "first-semester students". In information events you will receive all the relevant information to have a good start to your studies. In addition, there are social events, that are traditionally organised by students of our faculty (Fachgruppe Biologie). With all the events you will get to know the different institutes of biology; city rallies and pub evenings will make it easier for you to get to know your fellow students and the city.
The O-Phase for the beginning of the winter semester 2023/24 for biology students always starts in the week before lectures begin for Bachelor's degree programmes. For Master's degree programmes most events happen already at the beginning of October.
In addition, a central matriculation ceremony is held for the newly enrolled students of the entire university.
Below you find an overview of the introductory events and O-Phases for the winter semester 2023/24:
Detailed information on the introduction events of the Bachelor programmes can be found on the German version of this website.
- Registration to events below is not required unless explicitly stated.
- Mind the additional events organized by biology students (Fachgruppe).
- Introduction to StudIT (in German): Thursday, 19.10.23, 9:30 am, online (Meeting ID: 683 3805 4109, Passcode: 861811)
- Introduction to StudIT (in English): Thursday, 19.10.23, 10 am, online (Meeting ID: 683 3805 4109, Passcode: 861811)
MSc Developmental, Neural and Behavioral Biology
- 9:00-10:30 am: Introduction to study programme (hybrid; room MN06, request weblink for zoom via e-mail)
MSc Molecular Life Sciences: Microbiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry
- 2:00-3:30 pm: Introduction to study programme (hybrid; room -1.102 Schwann-Schleiden-Forschungszentrum, request weblink for zoom via e-mail)
MSc Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- 09:00 am: Introduction to study programme (hybrid; room -1.102 Schwann-Schleiden-Forschungszentrum, request weblink for zoom via e-mail)
Master of Education
Eine allgemeine Einführung wird vom Studiendekanat Lehrer*innenbildung organisiert.
Einführungsunterlagen zum Fach Biologie finden Sie in Kürze hier.
Additional events for international students