In publica commoda

Preferred selection after community or military service

Following the completion of a service (military service, voluntary community service, social or ecological work, etc.) you can be granted preferential admission into restricted-admission subjects only if you have applied before or during your period of service, and have been granted admission.

To assert your claim to preferential admission you need to apply again in due form and time with the authority in charge of the allocation of university places (e.g. university or Hochschulstart) after the completion of your service; you must enclose a copy of your notice of admission and a certificate of service.