Detailed information about the chair and the Comparative Regional Organizations Project can be found here:
Homepage of the Chair of International Relations: https://lehrstuhlib.uni-goettingen.de/
Project homepage: https://comparativeregionalorganizations.org/
Anja Jetschke has been Professor of International Relations at the Institute of Political Science at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen since April 2012.
She was elected Vice Chair (2016-2018) of the German Political Science Association (DVPW) and has been the elected representative of the DVPW on the Executive Council of the International Political Science Association (IPSA) since 2021.
Anja Jetschke received her PhD from the European University Institute in Florence in 2001. From 2001 to 2010, she was an Assistant Professor (C1) and Habilitation Fellow at the Institute for Political Science at the University of Freiburg. In 2011 she served as the academic director of the "Hamburg International Graduate School for the Study of Regional Powers", and from 2012 to 2015 as Head of Research Program IV on “Power, Norms and Governance in International Relations” at the Leibniz Institute GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies in Hamburg.
Anja Jetschke's research focuses on the emergence and effects of the institutional design of international and regional organizations.
Publications from 2020 onwards:
Memberships and Professional Responsibilities
- Co-Chairwoman of the Deutsche Vereinigung für Politikwissenschaft (DVPW)
- Member of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Asienkunde (DGA)
- Member of the International Studies Association (ISA)
- Member of the Deutscher Hochschulverband
- Internationalization commissioner and member of the library commission of the department of social science
- Visiting Research Consultant 2017-2018 of the Center of International Law of the National University of Singapore
Fellowships and Awards
- WiSe 2017-2018: IN-EAST Fellowship of the Centre for Global Cooperation Research, Universität Duisburg-Essen
- WiSe 2016-2017:
- Visiting researcher, Stanford University, Walter S. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center
- Visiting researcher, National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law
- Visiting researcher, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin, Global Governance Unit
- 2011: Cecil B. Currey Book Award for the book Human Rights and State Security: Indonesia and the Philippines, Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 2008-2011: Margarete-von-Wrangell Post-Doctoral Fellowship of the federate state Baden-Württemberg
- 2009-2010: Post-Doctoral Fellowship of the DFG-sponsored research group „The Transformative Power of Europe“, Freie Universität Berlin
- 2007-2008:Post-Doctoral Fellowship of Mershon Center for International Security Studies, Ohio State University
Main Areas of Research
Institutional design of international and regional organizations, diffusion, comparative research of regionalism, international criminal courts, international relations of Asia.