In our group we work on modification, specific detection and conformational switching of oligonucleotides, peptides and proteins as well as examination of suitable model systems; influencing function and properties by synthesising analogues of biomolecules.
- Synthesis of linear DNA base-stack models, application in DNA diagnostics, electron transfer and intercalation studies; enzyme mimetics
- Molecular architecture: reversible helix and beta strand organisation, higher aggregates
- Conformational switch in peptides and proteins
- Stabilisation of Z-DNA; induction of bent DNA
- Unnatural amino acids in peptides and proteins
- DNA double helix detection