The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen was founded in 1737 in the spirit of the Enlightenment. It began with four Faculties and soon became one of the most attended universities during the 18th and 19th centuries in Europe.
The origin of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences can be traced back to the 19th century. Based on the first lectures on agro-chemistry, by Karl Sprengel from 1784 to 1830, new scientific fields in agronomy, animal production and farm management were developed. This field of studies was initially part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science. The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences was founded in 1952 as the seventh Faculty of the Georg-August-Universität.