My research focuses on soil nutrient cycling in argicultural ecosystems with cover crops, and explores how soil fauna and micorbial communities influence these processes.
Education and Career history
JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Göttingen
Host: Prof. Stefan Scheu, head of the section Animal Ecology
Topic: soil fauna (earthworms and collembolans) effects on nutrient cycling and plant growth in argicultural mixed cropping systems
Yunnan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, P.R. China.
Topic: Research on soil nutrient cycling in agriculture ecosystem with cover crops
Yunnan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, P.R. China.
Topic: Research on the effects of climate change (seasonal precipitation changes or exteme weather events) on agriculture ecosystems
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Thesis: Effect of extreme drought and rainfall events on soil processes and plant biomass in a high-altitude grassland on the eastern Tibetan Plateau.
Current Research Projects
1. 2019-2021, presiding the project of “Physiological mechanisms of first-order lateral roots development and its function after re-watering maize with crown roots developed under extreme drought” funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
2. 2017-2020, presiding the project of “Functions analysis of a newtype of lateral roots developed from crown roots of maize under the altered-water condition” funded by the Yunnan Provincial Science and Technology Department.
3. 2017-2020, participating the project of “China Agricultural Research System of Cover Crops” funded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China.
4. 2015-2018, presided the project of “Research on corn roots properties and nutrient absorption variation under the dramatic altered-water condition” funded by the Yunnan Provincial Science and Technology Department.
1. Yin M, Hong LF, Wang ZY, Chen H, Chen JF, Fu LB, Su Fan, (2018), Prevention and control technology of non-point source pollution in nursery and orchard of urban, China Land Press, Beijing. (In Chinese)
2. Wang PL, Lei BK, Wang ZY, Lu Y, Pan YH, Chen AQ, Paul RJ, Hu W, Roger W, Bruce S, (2018), Agroecology for food security and nutrition: Fuxian Lake preservation and eco-agriculture: policies and practices in Chengjiang County, Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO).
3. Fu LB, Hong LF, Chen H, Chen JF, Yin M, Wang ZY, Wu WW, Su Fan, (2018), Technical model of agricultural non-point source pollution prevention and control in Dianchi Lake Basin, China Land Press, Beijing. (In Chinese)
1. Mo L, Luo P, Mou CX, Yang H, Wang J, Wang ZY，Li YJ, Luo C, Li T, Zuo DD, Winter plant phenology in the alpine meadow on the eastern Qinghai–Tibetan, Annals of Botany, 2018, DOI: 10.1093/aob/mcy112.
2. Yin M, Su Fan, Wang GB, Fu LB, Chen H, Chen JF, Wang ZY, Hong LF, Impact of Controlled-Release Urea on Upland Maize in Yunnan, Better Crops, 2017, 101(3):7-8.
3. Wang ZY, Yin M, Chen H, Chen JF, Fu LB, Su Fan, Wang GB, Hong LF, Research on a balanced fertilization technique on maize in fields of different fertility soil in Yunnan, Southwest China Journal of Agricultural Sciences，2016, 29(S):179-184. (In Chinese, English Abstract)
4. Sun G, Wang ZY, Barker ZX，Zhang NN，Wu N, Liu L, Lei YB, Biotic and abiotic controls in determining exceedingly variable responses of ecosystem functions to extreme seasonal precipitation in a mesophytic alpine grassland, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2016, 228:180-190.
5. Wang ZY, Silva LCR, Sun G, Luo P, Mou CX, Horwath WR, Quantifying the impact of drought on soil-plant interactions: a seasonal analysis of biotic and abiotic controls of carbon and nutrient dynamics in high-altitudinal grasslands, Plant & Soil, 2015,389(1-2):59-71.
6. Yin M, Su Fan, Fu LB, Chen H, Chen JF, Wang ZY, Hong LF, Effects of a soil conditioner on drought resistance of maize seedling, Agricultural Research in the Arid Areas, 2015, 33(4):190-196. (In Chinese, English Abstract)
7. Yang H, Luo P, Wang J, Mou CX, Mo L, Wang ZY, Fu Y, Lin H, Yang Y, Bhatta LD, Ecosystem evapotranspiration as a response to climate and vegetation coverage changes in northwest Yunnan, China, PLoS ONE, 2015,10(8):e0134795.
8. Wang ZY, Sun G, Luo P, Mou CX, Wang J, Research on soil-dynamics: A simulated case study on a once-in-a-century drought in an alpine meadow, Journal of Mountain Science, 2013,10(5):833-844.
9. Mou CX, Sun G, Luo P, Wang ZY, Luo GR, Flowering responses of alpine meadow plant in Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau to extreme drought imposed in different Periods, Chinese Journal of Applied and Environmental Biology, 2013,19(2):272-279. (In Chinese, English Abstract)
10. Li B, He YX, Wang ZY, Luo P, Li HQ, Decomposition process and Scientific management of yak dung on alpine meadow in the eastern Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, Pratacultural Science, 2012, 29(8):1302-1306. (In Chinese, English Abstract)
11. Zhang YB, Luo P, Sun G, Mou CX, Wang ZY, Wu N, Luo GR, Effects of grazing on litter decomposition in two alpine meadow on the eastern Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2012, 32(15):4605-4617. (In Chinese, English Abstract)
12. Wang B, Sun G, Luo P, Wang ZY, Zhang YB, Wu N, Luo GR, Microbial Communities of Alpine Meadow Soil in the Eastern Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau Subjected to Experimental Warming and Grazing, Chinese Journal of Applied and Environmental Biology, 2011,17(2):151-157. (In Chinese, English Abstract)