Business and Human Resource Education (M.Ed.)
Subject: Business and Human Resource Education (M.Ed.)
Degree: Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Standard period of study: Four semesters
Start: Every winter and summer semester
Admission conditions: Restricted admission (application to the Faculty)
Admission requirements: Admission
Application deadline: April 1st to May 15th (for the winter semester) and October 1st to November 15th (for the summer semester) Application: Application
Language of the programme: German
The successful completion of the master's programme with a master of education permits students to participate in a provisional teaching period (traineeship) at vocational schools.
The objective of the master's programme is to equip students with in-depth knowledge in economics, business, and human resources. The programme aims to prepare students with the capability to apply and communicate scientific methods and findings in the area of economic sciences and their second subject, as well as the ability to work independently and scientifically. In addition, the master's programme prepares students interested in continuing their studies at the doctoral level.
- Economic Sciences: 30 credits
- Second teaching subject: 34 credits
- Business and Human Resource Education (educational studies and subject-related didactics in economic sciences): 33 credits
- Master's thesis: 23 credits
If one of the languages English, French or Spanish is chosen as a second subject, then Article 8 of the regulations for master's degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr) requires three months of programme-related studies abroad in a country in which the selected language is also the official language. The three months abroad can take place during either the bachelor's or the master's programme.
Nds. MasterVO-Lehr further provides that occupational activities are verified by means of subject-specific internships. The subject-specific internships must comprise a total of at least 52 weeks, while the individual internship must be at least four weeks long.
- Vocational training schools in "Business and Administration" which mainly comprise vocational training schools, specialised secondary schools and commercial high schools
- Company-based vocational training and further education
- Education administration / educational policy (chambers, associations, ministries)
- Management of personnel training / continuing education
- Non-school related adult education (in public and private sponsorship)
- Education consultation, development aid
- Tasks in business working fields of companies