Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Management
- The master's degree programme in management is accredited by the Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA Hannover).
- Language: German
- The standard period of study is four semesters.
- Students are admitted every semester (both Summer and Winter Semesters).
- Since the winter semester of 2009/ 2010, there have been new admissions regulations and deadlines established. For details, see the "Application and Admissions" link on the right-hand column.
- Applications to be admitted in the winter semester are accepted between 1 April and 15 May. Applications to be admitted in the summer semester are accepted between 1 October and 15 November every year.
- Please use the online application form that is set to receive applications during the above listed timeframes. Applications from outside of Germany must also use the same online application form.
- You can submit an application even if you have not completed your studies, but have at least 150 credit points in a relevant bachelor's programme.
- The online application form and information on the application and admission procedure is provided in the document "Application and Admission Procedure" (see right-hand column).
- 1. Mandatory courses (30 ECTS)
- 2. Specialization in management (24 ECTS)
- 3. Elective seminars and projects (12 ECTS)
- 4. Quantitative methods (6 ECTS)
- 5. Electives (18 ECTS) Under the electives section, many other courses may also be selected as long as they are in accordance with the examination regulations (see: "Maßgabe der Bestimmungen der Prüfungsordnung").
- 6. Master's thesis (30 ECTS)
The following illustration provides a schematic overview of the structure and development of the master's programme in management, including the recommended timeline for completing the work.
Identifying an appropriate minor
By selecting your courses carefully, there is the possibility to select two minors (from the list of eight options), which will be stated on your degree, as long as you successfully complete at least 24 ECTS in each minor. Specializations are:
- a. Information management
- b. Organization and development
- c. Human resources
- d. Production and logistics
- e. Corporate management and controlling
- f. International business
- g. Resource and energy management
- h. Strategic management