How to Study Abroad
Studying in a different country for one or two semester, among different cultures, and in an international environment. Acquire credits for your degree while improving your language skills and your intercultural competence. Meet other students from all over the world and build your personal network, leave your comfort zone behind and develop both, academically as well as personally. Experience an unforgettable time and meanwhile, gain “that certain something” for your CV that most recruiters are looking for – all of this can be accomplished with an exchange semester!
Please note: Most of the information material is currently available in German, so are the offered info sessions at the beginning of the semester. If you require information and advisory in English, please feel free to visit the weekly office hours from the Study Abroad Advisory team! We are happy to supprt you in English!
- Visit one of our information events at the beginning of every semester. The events are offered in German.
- Choose one or more of our partner universities which are interesting for your study programme – you can choose individually based on your interests!
- Pay attention towards the required language certificate for your chosen partner university. Language courses or tests can be taken at the ZESS in Göttingen.
- Participate in our Exchange@WIWI events and the Study Buddy Programme and get in contact with former outgoing students as well as international exchange students to prepare for your semester abroad.
- You can apply for three different programs which you can find below. In each programme, it is possible to select a number of universities. Please note the different application deadlines for all three programs:
- Erasmus+: 31 January 2024 for the winter semester 2024/25 and the summer semester 2025
- Worldwide Program of the Faculty: 15 January 2024 for the winter semester 2024/25, 15 June 2024 for the summer semester 2025
- Global Exchange Programme: 1 December 2023 for the winter semester 2024/25, 1 June 2024 for the summer semester 2025
You can find more information on our partner universities as well as the required documents for your application when clicking on the three different programs below. The application forms are available in the MoveON portal for mobilities outside of Europe and in the UK and in the Erasmus+ portal for mobilities within the Erasmus+ programme.