How to Study Abroad
Studying in a different country for one or two semester, among different cultures, and in an international environment. Acquire credits for your degree while improving your language skills and your intercultural competence. Meet other students from all over the world and build your personal network, leave your comfort zone behind and develop both, academically as well as personally. Experience an unforgettable time and meanwhile, gain “that certain something” for your CV that most recruiters are looking for – all of this can be accomplished with an exchange semester!
Please note: Most of the information material is currently only available in German, so are the offered info sessions at the beginning of the semester. If you require information and advisory in English, please feel free to visit the weekly office hours from the Study Abroad Advisory team! We are happy to supprt you in English!
- Visit one of our information events at the beginning of every semester: The events are offered in German.
- Choose one or more of our partner universities which are interesting for you and your course of study – you can choose individually based on your interests!
- Pay attention towards the required language certificate for your chosen partner university. Language courses or tests can be taken at the ZESS in Göttingen.
- Participate in our Exchange@WIWI events and the Study Buddy Programme and get in contact with former outgoing students as well as international exchange students to prepare for your semester abroad.
- You can apply for three different programs which you can find below. In each programme, it is possible to select a number of universities. Also, you can apply for more than one program at the same time. Please note the different application deadlines for all three programs:
- Erasmus+: January 31, 2023 for the winter semester 2023/24 and the summer semester 2024
- Worldwide Program of the Faculty: January 15, 2023 until 3pm for the winter semester 2023/24, June 15, 2023 until 3pm for the summer semester 2024
- Global Exchange Programme: December 1, 2022 for the winter semester 2023/24, June 1, 2023 for the summer semester 2024
You can find more information on our partner universities as well as the required documents for your application when clicking on the three different programs below. The application forms are available in the MoveON portal.