How to Study Abroad
Studying in a different country for one or two semester, among different cultures, and in an international environment. Acquire credits for your degree while improving your language skills and your intercultural competence. Meet other students from all over the world and build your personal network, leave your comfort zone behind and develop both, academically as well as personally. Experience an unforgettable time and meanwhile, gain “that certain something” for your CV that most recruiters are looking for – all of this can be accomplished with an exchange semester!
1. Get informed!
- Visit one of our information events at the beginning of every semester! Missed the events? You can find our presentations in the right column!
- Choose one or more of our partner universities which are interesting for you and your course of study – you can choose individually based on your interests!
- Pay attention towards the required language certificate for your chosen partner university. Language courses or tests can be taken at the ZESS in Göttingen.
- Participate in our Exchange@WIWI events and the Study Buddy Programme and get in contact with former outgoing students as well as international exchange students to prepare for your semester abroad.
- Some of the information material is only available in German. If you need more advice or have any questions, please contact the Study Abroad Advisory team! We are happy to supprt you in English!
- You can apply for three different programs which you can find below. In each programme, it is possible to select a number of universities. Also, you can apply for more than one program at the same time. Please note the different application deadlines for all three programs:
- Erasmus+: 31st January for the coming academic year (for a stay in the summer or winter term)
- Worldwide Program of our Faculty: 15th January until 3pm for the following winter term, 15th June for the following summer term
- Worldwide Program from Göttingen International: 6th December for the following winter term, 1st June for the following summer term
You can find more information on our partner universities as well as the required documents for your application when clicking on the three different programs below.
- After you sent us your application we are going to evaluate them. In certain cases there might be a personal interview before we nominate you at our partner university and all following preparations can start.
3. Apply at the host University and get ready!
- After the nomination there are a couple of documents and formalities which need to be handed in at the partner university. Afterwards, you will receive all important information for your semester abroad.
- Once you are registered at the partner university, we are happy to support you with all your questions regarding your preparations, your course selection, learning agreement, accreditation of your courses, etc.