02.08.-15.08.2018 International Summer School "Globalization and Diversity"
The Goettingen Diversity Research Institute is organising an international Summer School on "Globalization and Diversity" which will be held from 02.08.-15.08.2018 in cooperation with partner universities from Europe, the United States and Japan.
The summer school will provide students with an overview over current debates on social diversity on a global and local scale. Through lectures the students will gain theoretical knowledge on different levels and dimensions of diversity. Therefore speakers from various research backgrounds are being invited.
- Dr. Kristin Aune, Coventry University (Gender, Religion, Higher Education)
- Dr. Astrid Biele Mefebue, Göttingen Diversity Research Institute (Sociology of Work, Organizational Sociology, Diversity management)
- Dr. Laura Fantone, UC Berkeley (Visual and Post-colonial Studies)
- Dr. Yvonne Franke, Göttingen Diversity Research Institute (Globalization, Global Social Inequality)
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Grenz, University of Vienna (Gender, sexual difference, methodology)
- Prof. Dr. Shinji Kajitani, University of Tokyo (Philosophy, Comparative Culture, Medical History)
Students will be enabled to pursue their own research in seminars and group work and will present their own work in one of the classes.
In the second module of the summer school, students will learn about specifically German topics and perspectives related to diversity trough excursions to a variety of locals sites.
- Guided City Tour
- Concentration camp memorial site Mittelbau-Dora
- Perspectives of Migration, Museum and Transit Camp Friedland
- Wartburg Castle
The summer school is organized in two modules. Through mutual agreements 9 ECTS Credit Points will be recognised for students from all participating instutions. 6 Credit Points will be gained through lectures and seminars, 3 Credit Points by participating in the excursions.
The Summer School is free of charge for all selected participants. Travel grants (paid as fixed allowances) and free accomodation are available for international participants. All individually incurred costs - for example, admission fees and food - must be covered by the participants themselves.
Update: We thank all students who applied for this year’s Summer School by handing in their abstracts and CVs the last weeks. We are very amazed about the really wide range of interests and research you proposed as well as your diversity of backgrounds! We are currently reviewing all the applications and we can already say there will be fascinating topics presented by the participants. Soon we will inform the students selected to participate in this year’s Summer School. We are looking forward to meet you in person in Göttingen this summer!
Further information will be added as it becomes available. All information is also available via the Summer School website of "Goettingen International".
To get an insight in last year’s Summer School, watch our video!