The Faculty of Chemistry at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen welcomes applications for up to four (4)
in the German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Research Training Group 2455 “BENCh – Benchmark Experiments for Numerical quantum Chemistry”. The application window will be open up to 28.02.2023. The positions are remunerated with 65% E 13 TV-L (corresponding to 25.87 hours per week) with a limited contract of 3 years. The starting date will be the earliest possible.
• you hold (or are in the process of concluding) a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics or equivalent,
• are proficient in English and/or in German,
• are willing to travel and collaborate with international partners,
The BENCh Research Training Group consists of a high-level research programme in Chemistry, combining the expertise of several research groups, spanning topics in spectroscopy and mass spectrometry, molecular beam techniques, all the way to synthesis. The students under the program will benefit from a wide variety of lab techniques and theoretical support, in order to conceive and execute challenging experiments towards the limits of measurement accuracy in each specific field, and/or enabling data gathering in novel chemical systems/phenomena. For more information consult the official homepage http://bench.uni-goettingen.de. Detailed descriptions of the proposed projects and specific requirements for the individual positions are also available on the homepage.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Your application must include:
• State the Research Training Group project(s) or project area(s) for which you are applying (see homepage).
• curriculum vitae including information on posters, presentations, awards (and publications, if applicable)
• motivation letter for one (or two) specific advertised project(s)
• certificates of studies (if a degree is not yet completed you may also provide a document listing your current grades)
• certificates of language proficiency (e.g., TOEFL)
• two references (name and contact information of two senior researchers)
The documents are to be submitted by electronic form (single PDF file) up to February, 28, 2023 to the e-mail email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 20:00 (CET) 28.02.2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.