Dr. Patrick Urbanke
- 2013/03 - 2013/08 Advanced Level Chinese Classes at the Chinese Language Center at National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2012/09 - 2013/02 Briefly enrolled in a PhD program in Economics at National Taiwan University in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2012/03 - 2012/08 High Level Chinese Classes at the Chinese Language Center at National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2010/02 - 2012/06 Master's degree in Management of Technology at Feng Chia University in Taichung, Taiwan. 50% of all classes taught in Mandarin Chinese.
- 2007/04 - 2009/12 Bachelor's degree in Economics at the University of Munich in Munich, Germany
- Since 2013/11 Research Associate at the Chair of Management Information Systems and Methods and the Chair of Information Management at the University of Göttingen in Göttingen, Germany
- 2011/08 - 2011/12 Cooperation with JIA Inc. for the purpose of writing a Master's Thesis. JIA Inc. is a company producing designer tableware and is based in Hong Kong and Taipei.
- 2007/07 - 2009/12 Research Assistant at the Seminar for Macroeconomics at the University of Munich in Munich, Germany
- 2006/07 - 2007/03 Civil Duty at the St. Anna Communal Hospital in Höchstadt a.d. Aisch, Germany
- Machine Learning Algorithms, Big Data, E-Commerce, E-Finance
- Urbanke, Patrick, Kranz, Johann, Kolbe, Lutz. 2014. A Unified Statistical Framework for Evaluating Predictive Methods, 35th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2014), Auckland, pp.1-16.
- Urbanke, Patrick. 2012. The Impact of Time Frames on Financial Crisis Prediction: A New Approach to Calculating Critical Values in Early Warning Systems. Presented at the 3rd European Asian Economics, Finance, Econometrics and Accounting Conference held in Taipei, Taiwan on September 5-8, 2012.
- Urbanke, Patrick and Hou Sheng-Tsung. 2011. Seeing is Believing. A Previously Neglected Reason for Information Stickiness. Presented at 二 期頂大「創意設計與 創新研究」之文化創意產業之發展會議 in Taipei, Taiwan on December 5, 2011.
- Yen, Shang-Yun, Shu Mei Tang, Hao Wang and Patrick Urbanke. 2011. An Investigation of Governance Issues and Its Accountability for Nanotechnology in Taiwan. Presented at the 2nd International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications held in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on July 27-29, 2011.
- Since 2005/06 Member of the German Green Party. Served in various boards of the party and its youth organization.