P7: Planetary Population, Formation and Habitibility
In times of fast computers, simulations of models can help to check whether the model actually represents the observed. Statistically, the opposite is also possible and may be used to predict planetary systems and their parameters.
- Understanding the connection between stellar types and planet types and architecture
- Analysing planetary migration for FGK stars and their influence on the planetary composition
- Studying the evaporation in planetary formation for M-dwarfs, which are active and may have an impact
- We extend the existing Synthetic Population Code to M-dwarfs and develope a dedicated population synthesis for the CARMENES survey.
- By statistical comparison with the observational results we study the impact of the host star's metallicity, mass and magnetic field.
- Using these results we characterize low mass planets and their habitability.