The InDiGU project: The InDiGU project (Integration and Diversity at the University of Göttingen) focuses on promoting exchange between German and international students within the framework of so-called "study buddies" ("Fachpartnerschaften"). This aims to support the integration of international students in Göttingen on the one hand, and promote intercultural competence of German students on the other. Students participating in study buddies can acquire a special certificate of attendence ("Zertifikat Internationales") as an extra-curricular offer of the University of Göttingen.
The Study Buddy programme: Study buddies are part of the InDiGU project, that is offered in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Its aim is to promote the exchange between students from abroad and German students at the University of Göttingen. When you register as a Study Buddy, you can enter your home country, study programme and personal interests so that suitable tandems between German and international students can be formed. The programme can be set up individually - whether you plan a weekly coffee meeting to catch up, meet irregularly whenever it suits you or communicate online is totally up to you. The aim of the programme is to support international students when coming to Göttingen and experiencing living and studying here and connect local and international students in order to create a great international network.
Why should you participate?
- To broaden your personal and academic horizon
- To engage in intercultural exchange with students from all over the world
- To have a contact for all your questions regarding living and studying in Göttingen
- To create your own international network
- To improve your English or even German language skills!
- Receive a confirmation: Volunteer work alongside the studies (Certificate will be handed out in the case of a successful participation, minimum of one semester)
All participants of the Study Buddy programme are invited to our regular free events in the Exchange@WIWI project. You can meet with your buddy and other fellow students, get to know Göttingen and enjoy your semester in an international community!