Externally Funded Research Projects
- Co-investigator: RTG 2300: Enrichment of European beech forests with conifers: impacts of functional traits on ecosystem functioning (EnriCo)
PhD candidate: ------
Funding: German Research Foundation (DFG) (2023-2026)
[read more about RTG 2300 - EnriCo]
- Co-investigator: Chances and hurdles for the establishment and performance of different agroforestry systems in Lower Saxony - ELAN.
PhD candidate: Madelein Victor
Funding: Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (2022-2025)
[read more about the ELAN Project]
- Co-investigator: Establishment of attractive teaching modules in agroforestry for students of forestry and agricultural sciences.
Postdoc: Dr. Franziska Gaede
Funding: Eva Mayr-Stihl Foundation (2023-2026)
- Principal Investigator: Project A05: 'Optimizing nutrient management in oil palm plantations and upscaling greenhouse gas fluxes from plot to a rainforest-transformation landscape' of the Collaborative Research Center 990 (Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)).
Postdoc: Dr. Najeeb Al-Amin Iddris
Funding: German Research Foundation (DFG) (2020-2023)
[read more about CRC 990]
- Principal Investigator: Sub-project 1.1 'Nutrient response and nutrient retention efficiencies, leaching losses, soil greenhouse gas fluxes in agroforestry and conventional systems' and sub-project 1.3 'Experimental set-up and coordination' in SIGNAL - Sustainable intensification of agriculture through agroforestry.
PhD candidate: Sarah Choe
Postdoc: Dr. Raphael Manu
Funding: German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) (2021-2024)
- Principal Investigator: 'Nutrient response efficiency and leaching losses in newly and long-term established agroforestry versus conventional monoculture croplands'.
PhD candidate: Dan Niu
Funding: Chinese Scholarship Council (2018-2023) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) (2018-2021)