Externally funded research projects (on-going):
- Chances and hurdles for the establishment and performance of different agroforestry systems in Lower Saxony - ELAN.
Funded by the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (2022-2025)
- Establishment of attractive teaching modules in agroforestry for students of forestry and agricultural sciences.
Funded by the Eva Mayr-Stihl Foundation (2023-2026)
Press release: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/3240.html?id=6908
- 'SIGNAL - Sustainable intensification of agriculture through agroforestry'
Funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF (2021-2024)
Sarah Choe (PhD candidate); 'Nutrient retention and nutrient response efficiencies in agroforestry versus monoculture croplands'.
Raphael Manu (Post-doctoral fellow); 'Soil functions in agroforestry versus monoculture systems'.
- 'Stem and soil methane fluxes in temperate upland forests'
Funded by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Germany (2021-2024)
Anike Berane (PhD candidate)
- Project A05: 'Optimizing nutrient management in oil palm plantations and upscaling greenhouse gas fluxes from plot to a rainforest-transformation landscape' of the Collaborative Research Center 990 (Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems).
Site: Sumatra, Indonesia
Funded by the German Research Foundation, DFG (2020-2023)
Dr. Najeeb Al-Amin Iddris (Post-doctoral fellow)
[read more about CRC 990]
- 'Nutrient response efficiency and leaching losses in newly and long-term established agroforestry versus conventional monoculture croplands'.
Funded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (2018-2023) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF (2018-2021)
Dan Niu (PhD candidate).
- 'Soil greenhouse gas fluxes, nutrient leaching losses and nutrient response efficiency in a large-scale oil palm plantation: conventional versus reduced management practices'.
Funded by the Chinese Scholarship Council (2018-2023) and the German Research Foundation, DFG (2020-2023)
Guan-tao Chen (PhD candidate).