Modification, specific detection and conformational switching of oligonucleotides, peptides and proteins. Examination of suitable model systems; influencing function and properties by synthesising analogues of biomolecules.
- Synthesis of linear DNA base-stack models, application in DNA diagnostics, electron transfer and intercalation studies; enzyme mimetics.
- Molecular architecture: reversible helix and beta strand organisation, higher aggregates.
- Conformational switch in peptides and proteins.
- Stabilisation of Z-DNA; induction of bent DNA.
- Unnatural amino acids in peptides and proteins.
- DNA double helix detection
For further information please see Prof. Diederichsen's website.
In memory of Ulf Diederichsen
The University of Göttingen is saddened by the passing of the chemist and former Vice-President Professor Ulf Diederichsen, who died on 11 November 2021. We are deeply saddened by his sudden death. Ulf Diederichsen was a professor at the Institute of Organic Chemistry at Göttingen University from 2001, an institute that he also led from 2008 to 2014. From 2005 to 2007, he was Dean of the Faculty of Chemistry.
back to the overview