Convergent Markets of the Internet Economy (KMI)
Problem and Objective
In the context of internet economy the so-called convergence has been discussed for some years. It comprises of the structural connection between the sectors telecommunication, information technologies and media (TIME), which were hitherto separate. They were connected by technological changes (digitalization, capacity increases, networks), changes in society (advancing individualization) and globalization or rather liberalization processes. Entire value added chains and the role of several players have been put into question.
However, potential for new services provided through technological progress and organizational-structural innovations has also been created. The extensive and continuous digitalization of products and services enables the instant distribution of goods (software, information, data) or a cost-efficient sale of single, isolated partial services (e.g. sale of books by the chapter, retail sale of songs). Cooperation between sectors enables the production of technologies and innovations which could not be developed on their own.
The research aims at analyzing and evaluating the challenges and potentials of technological progress in digitalization, organizational innovations in companies and the TIME-industry. Furthermore, propositions for future designs of supply chain networks and instruments for controlling organizational processes are developed.
Completed research topics
- Applications for the mobile internet
- Possibilities of using mobile applications in HRM (Mobile HR)
- Göttinger Content Management System (GCMS)
- Göttinger Online Publishing Service
- Göttinger Tageblatt
- Heinold, Spiller & Partner Unternehmensberatung GmbH BDU
- Institut für Informatik, Telematics Group, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Lehrstuhl für Bürgerliches Recht, Handels- und Wirtschaftsrecht, Multimedia- und Telekommunikationsrecht, Rechtsvergleichung, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Stabstelle Presse, Kommunikation und Marketing der Universität Göttingen
- Soziologisches Forschungsinstitut Göttingen e.V.
- Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek (SUB) Göttingen
- Studentenwerk Göttingen
- Verlagsgruppe Oetinger