The Chair of Application Systems and E-Business deals with the design of modern business application systems, the implementation of these systems and their operation. In this, the benefits associated with IT-based solutions are of particular interest.
The chair team conducts research in the field of Business Informatics especially in four areas (click on the graphic element for details):
In the research fields mentioned above, various research projects are currently underway. The chair not only conducts research projects with sole responsibility, but also in cooperation with other research institutions and partners in the field.
Our research results flow into both scientific and practice-oriented publications. Naturally, members of the chair present these results at national and international conferences and workshops.
Former Research Priorities:
Previously, research at the Chair was divided into the following main emphases (click on the graphic element for details):
- Information systems for Financial Service Providers (ISF)
- Information Systems in Personnel Management (ISP)
- Innovative Technologies and Architectures (ITA)
- Convergent Markets in the Internet Economy (KMI)
- Resource Conservation through IT Use (RSI)
- Knowledge and Education Management (WBM)