Application procedures for placement in a higher semester (for applicants who are citizens of non-EU/EEA states or stateless persons)

If your previous academic performances (both here at the University of Göttingen in another programme or abroad at another university) allows it, you may apply for placement in a higher semester. Please contact either...

  • ... the relevant state examination board in case you want to apply for medicine or dentistry or
  • ... the study programme or subject here at Göttingen University to get a statement for which semester you qualify.

Contact information may be found in our list of study programmes "Subjects from A to Z". Please also make sure whether your intended study programme has restricted or open admission for the semester you have qualified for. Afterwards please follow the corresponding instructions: