Master Seminar "Crucial Topics in Information Management" - M.Sc.
- Module: Crucial Topics in Information Management
- Module number lecture: M.WIWI-WIN.0004
- UniVZ: 800146
- Cycle: Every winter term
- Credits: 12 ECTS
- Required prior knowledge: None
- Courses of study: Master WI, Master Ufü
- Type of teaching and learning: Seminar (2 SWS), groups of 2 students, maximum of 20 participants
- Each seminar paper will be prepared by a group of two students. First pre-registered, first served.
- Examination: Attendance at seminar dates, handing in a seminar paper, and holding a presentation. Presentation (approx. 30 minutes) with written seminar paper elaboration (max. 8000 words per person)
- Language: English
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Lutz M. Kolbe
- Contact: Marvin Braun
- For information on a certain topic, please contact the corresponding tutor directly.
- Pre-registration is closed (we reached the limit of participants). You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waiting list, in case there is a free spot. You will receive an E-Mail in the following days if your registration was successful or not.
|13.09.2022 – 13.10.2022||Pre-registration is closed (we reached the limit of participants). You will receive an E-Mail in the following days if your registration was successful or not. |
You can send an e-mail to email@example.com to join the waiting list, in case there is a free spot you will be notified.
|04.11.2022, 9:00-11:00||Kick-off meeting and topic assignment||Attendance mandatory*, room: TBA|
|04.11.2022 – 11.11.2022||FlexNow registration|
|22.03.2023||Submission of seminar work and presentation||via Stud.IP|
|24.03.2023, 9:00-16:00||Presentation conference||Attendance mandatory*, Verfügungsgebäude - PIZ 5361 - VG 2.103 (Seminarraum) |
Please check the StudIP Course for your timeslot and the rules regarding the presentation
- Please check this website regularly for updates.
- An online registration with the Examination Office via FlexNow is mandatory. The registration in FlexNow will be opened in November. Binding registration via FlexNow is possible until 11.11.2022, 23:59.
- Kick-off meeting: 04.11.2022, 09:00-11:00, room: TBA, attendance mandatory.
- Handing in the seminar work (both .docx and .pdf) and presentation (both .pptx and .pdf): 22.03.2023, via Stud.IP.
- Date of presentation: 24.03.2023, 09:00-16:00, room: TBA, attendance mandatory.
- Please check the StudIP Course for your timeslot and the rules regarding the presentation
- Presentation time: Each group will present for 20 min, followed by a 10 min discussion.
The students will carry out research on different topics and present their results at the end of the semester. The seminar will no longer be focused on machine learning!
Pay attention to the guidelines for seminar theses.