Master Seminar "Crucial Topics in Information Management" - M.Sc.
- Module: Crucial Topics in Information Management
- Module number lecture: M.WIWI-WIN.0004
- UniVZ: 800146
- Cycle: Every winter term
- Credits: 12 ECTS
- Required prior knowledge: None
- Courses of study: Master WI, Master Ufü
- Type of teaching and learning: Seminar (2 SWS), groups of 2 students, maximum of 20 participants
- Each seminar paper will be prepared by a group of two students. First pre-registered, first served.
- Examination: Attendance at seminar dates, handing in a seminar paper, and holding a presentation. Presentation (approx. 30 minutes) with written seminar paper elaboration (max. 8000 words per person)
- Language: English
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Lutz M. Kolbe
- Contact: Morten Gantner
- For information on a certain topic, please contact the corresponding tutor directly.
- Pre-Registration period starts on 14.09.2020, 00:01 (CEST), and is carried out via email to Morten Gantner. Please do only register individually (group or topic preferences as well as group registrations won't be considered). Registration ends on 14.10.2020 or when all places are taken, whatever may be first. Registration mails prior to this date will not be considered for the pre-registration process. Registration confirmation mails will be sent out after the registration deadline. Please note: It is mandatory to pre-register. Topic selection will be done on a first pre-registered, first served manner during the kick-off meeting. Students individually select their topic preferences and, in sum, all topics need to be carried out by teams of exactly two students. Given an uneven number of students that participate, one group of three students will be formed. There is thus no guarantee that you will receive your desired topic with a particular fellow student..
- An online registration with the Examination Office via FlexNow is mandatory. The registration in FlexNow will be opened in October. Binding registration at FlexNow until 13.11.2019, 23:59.
- Kick-off meeting: 06.11.2020, 09:00-11:00, Online
- Handing in the seminar work (both .docx and .pdf) and presentation (both .pptx and .pdf): 24.03.2021, via email to Morten Gantner
- Date of presentation: 26.03.2021, 09:00-14:00, tbd
- Presentation time:Each group will present for 20 min, followed by a 10 min discussion.
(Please note: The topics are subject to change without notice and serve only as preliminary indications. There is no entitlement to working on a specific topic.)
The students will carry out research on different topics and present their results at the end of the semester. The seminar will no longer be focused on machine learning!
Pay attention to the guidelines for seminar theses.