Application portal for the Geoscience Masters curriculum
Start of Studies: You can start the curriculum either in the winter semester or in the summer semester.
What you need to apply
- Application form (available on April 15; this document will also guide you through the following steps in applying to the program)
- B.Sc. Certificate
- Certified copy of your B.Sc. degree (or equivalent)
- Certified transcript of records
- If you haven´t received your B.Sc. certificate yet, a transcript of records with a total of 150 ECTS credits, together with your grade point average, entitles you - if selected by the selection commitee - to a preliminary enrolment. This preliminary enrollment will be revoked if you fail to submit the final B.Sc. certificate by November 15 in order to start your studies in the winter semester or by May 15 in order to start in the summer semester.
- If your documents are not available in either English or German, we need a certified translation of your B.Sc. certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae
A curriculum vitae in tabular form with a detailed representation of your educational background, a photograph, and references.
- A declaration whether or not you have successfully completed, abandoned or not yet completed a Master's study program that is closely related to the Geoscience Master Program.
- If applicable, certificates of related for internships or work experience
- Language requirements
- Very high proficiency in English (native speaker or certified at B2+ level, e.g. UNicert II (Grade 2,3 or higher), NULTE-Zertifikat Niveau B2+, Cambridge English Scale (min. 173 Points), IELTS Academic (min. Band 6.0), TOEFL ibt (min. 95 Points), Pearson Academic (min. 67 Points), etc. or
- High proficiency in English (certified at B2 level, e.g. UNicert II, NULTE-Zertifikat Niveau B2, Cambridge English Scale (160 Points), IELTS Academic (min. Band 5.5), TOEFL ibt (min. 87 Points), Pearson Academic (min. 59 Points) and high proficiency in German (native speaker or certified by e.g. DSH-2, TestDaf (min. TDN 4 in all four partial exams), Goethe-Zertifikat C1, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, etc. – more (check FAQ-Link) ...
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages)
- We regret that applications that are incomplete, fail to comply with the above stated regulations or are submitted after the deadline cannot be processed.
- The University of Göttingen will not return submitted documents.
- If you need more information or help, contact the Geoscience Student Advisory Service.
Submission of application documents and contact addressPlease send your application including all documents by mail to:
University of Göttingen
Faculty of Geoscience and Geography
Office of the Dean of Studies
Mrs. Ursula Otto
Tel: +49 551 39 8002