08.07.-19.07.2019 International Summer School "Globalization and Diversity"
The Goettingen Diversity Research Institute is organizing a third international Summer School on "Globalization and Diversity" which will be held from 08.07.-19.07.2019 in cooperation with partner universities from Europe, the United States and Japan.
The summer school will provide students with an overview over current debates on social diversity on a global and local scale. Through lectures the students will gain theoretical knowledge on different levels and dimensions of diversity. Therefore speakers from various research backgrounds are invited.
- Dr. Kristin Aune, Coventry University (Gender, Religion, Higher Education)
- Acting professor Dr. Astrid Biele Mefebue, University of Göttingen (Sociology of Work, Diversity in Organizations)
- Dr. Yvonne Franke, University of Göttingen (Globalization, Global Social Inequality)
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Grenz, University of Vienna (Gender and Sexual Difference)
- Prof. Dr. Shinji Kajitani, University of Tokyo (Philosophy, Comparative Culture, Medical History)
- Katharina Kreissl, Technical University of Munich (Inequalities in Organizations, Neoliberal Governance and Subjectivation)
- Dr. Akasemi Newsome, UC Berkeley (Comparative Political Economy, Race, Ethnicity and Immigration)
The Summer School also includes a mandatory short presentation of each participant about her/his work.
Further Students will use excursions to experience and discuss further diversity-related topics.
Students can obtain up to 9 ECTS Credits.
The Summer School is free of charge for all selected participants. Co-funding for travel (paid as fixed allowances) and free accommodation are available for international participants.
Application deadline international students: January 22, 2019.
Application deadline students from Göttingen University: March 31, 2019.
For further information on the Summer school as well as on the application process see the webpage of Göttingen Short Term Programs.
To get an insight in last year’s Summer School, watch our video!