General application information
- Application period
- Summer term: 15 March until 1 April
- Winter term: 15 September until 1 October
- A successfully completed research seminar at the faculty
- At least one elective course in business informatics or marketing
- "Application Form to Begin the Thesis Paper" must be ready and presented at the kick-off date (available from the Examination Office)
Required application documents
- Current grade excerpt from FlexNow
- Filled application form (activated from 15 March until 1 April 2020 for the current cohort)
- All master theses must be written in English
- If you would like to use a practical cooperation in the context of the master thesis: Please contact us at an early stage before you apply!
If you are interested in a master thesis at the chair and fulfill all application requirements, please fill the application form and send your FlexNow grade sheet within the application period via e-mail to Prof. Dr. Trenz (trenz@uni‑goettingen.de).
Process for a master thesis
Exemplary master theses topics from previous semesters
Can the Implementation of Mobile Instant Messaging Strengthen Customer
Relationships with Retail Stores? (Method: Field Experiment)
- The Nature of Trust in Artificial Intelligence (Method: Conceptual and Survey)
Focus within a Multichannel Platform – Strategies for a Successful
Customer Shift towards Mobile Channels (Method: Field Experiment)
- Story of a Breakup: Why Users Decide to Quit a Social Media Platform (Method: Interviews and Survey)
- The Role of Privacy and Habit in Information Systems Continuance (Method: Online Experiment)
- Multichannel Commerce in the Grocery Sector (Method: Conjoint Experiment)
Do you have your own idea for a master thesis in the research area of the chair? Please do not hesitate to contact us!