Jan Tolsdorf, M.Sc.
Jan Tolsdorf studied media technology at the TH Köln - University of Applied Sciences, where he received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees. After working in software development for web, audio and video technologies, he joined the data and application security group of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Luigi Lo Iacono as a research assistant in 2018. There he is working on topics in the area of Usable Security & Privacy. Together with the research group, he moved from the TH Köln to the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences in mid 2020.
- Usability of user-centric solutions for privacy and security
- Information privacy in digitised workplaces
- J. Tolsdorf, F. Dehling, D. Reinhardt, and L. Lo Iacono. Exploring Mental Models of the Right to Informational Self-Determination of Office Workers in Germany. Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PoPETs), 2021. Accepted for publication. Acceptance rate: 17%.
- J. Tolsdorf, C. K. Bosse, A. Dietrich, D. Feth, H. Schmitt, Privatheit Am Arbeitsplatz - Transparenz Und Selbstbestimmung Bei Arbeit 4.0. Datenschutz und Datensicherheit (DuD), 44(3):176-181, 2020.
- J. Tolsdorf, F. Dehling. In Our Employer We Trust: Mental Models of Office Workers' Privacy Perceptions. Proceedings of the 1st Asian Workshop on Usable Security (AsiaUSEC, FC workshop), 2020.
- N. Gruschka, L. Lo Iacono, J. Tolsdorf. Classification of Android App Permissions: Tell Me What App You Are and I Tell You What You Are Allowed to Do. Proceedings of the 17th European Conference on Information Warfare and Security (ECCWS), 2018.
- H.V. Nguyen, J. Tolsdorf, L. Lo Iacono. On the Security Expressiveness of REST-based API Definition Languages. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference On Trust, Privacy and Security In Digital Business (TrustBus), 2017.