Jan Christian Bauer, M.Sc.
|since 2021||Research Assistant at the Chair of Management and Control|
|2018 - 2021||Master's degree in Corporate Management (M.Sc.), Georg-August-Universität Göttingen. Focus on corporate management and controlling as well as strategic management|
|2017 - 2021||Research assistant as well as tutor at chairs of various universities (Chair of Control at the University of Bayreuth and Chair of Management and Control at the Georg-August-University of Göttingen)|
|2017 - 2020||Various internships during studies in external (Deloitte Consulting, Hamburg) and internal management consulting (Volkswagen Consulting, Wolfsburg) as well as in corporate controlling (BMW Group, Munich)|
|2016||Semester abroad at San Diego State University, USA|
|2014 - 2018||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Bayreuth. Focus on Controlling and Finance and Banking|
|2014||Pre-university internship abroad in event/project management|
Research and areas of
- Digital transformation of companies
- Impact of corporate culture
- Strategic capital market communication
Co-determination and transformation using the example of strategic digitization initiativesConducting a research project on behalf of the Hans Böckler Foundation on the effects of corporate co-determination on the digital transformation of companies. In cooperation with the Philipps University of Marburg.
The digitalization of finance in the automotive industryStudy in collaboration with MHP and the University of Groningen on the status quo, organization and consequences of digitalization in the financial sector.
About the project →
Selected publications and conference papers
- 2022 - Bauer, J.C.; Wolff, M. The Deinstitutionalization of Business Support Functions through Artificial Intelligence. Information 2022, 13, 352.
- 2022 - Annual Meeting of the Strategic Management Society (SMS), London (UK), accepted but withdrawn - “Better Safe than Sorry – CEO Integrity and the M&A Decision Process” (Bauer, J.C..; Hennig, J.)
- 2022 - Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AoM), Seattle (USA) - “Better Safe than Sorry – CEO Integrity and the M&A Decision Process” (Bauer, J.C..; Hennig, J.)
- 2021 - Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AoM), virtual - “Too Good to Be True: Impression Management and Integrity's Self-Governing Mechanism in M&As” (Bauer, J.C..; Hennig, J.)
- 2021 - Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association (AAA), virtual - "Integrity's Self-Governing Mechanism in the Voluntary Disclosure around Mergers and Acquisitions” (Bauer, J.C..; Hennig, J.)