No admission requirements.
Learning outcomes/core skills:
After successfully completing this course, the students …
- …know core topics involved in the effective management of digital marketing strategies, tactics, and instruments.
- … know how to create a digital marketing strategy by analyzing the digital landscape.
- … know how to transform marketing strategies into digital marketing objectives and tactics.
- … know how to plan the implementation of strategies and tactics using state of the art digital marketing instruments:
- Digital outbound marketing (reaching out to and targeting consumers; e.g., display advertising).
- Digital inbound marketing (ensuring that consumers can find information about brands; e.g., search engine optimization).
- Social media marketing (motivating consumers to create and disseminate brand-related social media content; e.g., content marketing).
- Mobile marketing (connecting with customers through smartphones and other mobile devices).
- … know developments of latest digital marketing innovations.
- … know how to critically reflect on the concepts and methods of digital marketing management and how to apply them by completing case studies.
Contents of the lecture:
- 1. Digital Marketing Strategy
- 2. Digital Outbound Marketing
- 3. Digital Inbound Marketing
- 4. Social Media Marketing
Real-time Kick-off Meeting:
Thursday, 14.04.2022 at 4:00 pm via Zoom
Every weekday from 27.06.2022 until 08.07.2022, 6:15 - 7:45 p.m.
- Case study discussion in lecture (1 CP)
- Exam (60 minutes) (5 CP)
- Theoretical and solution-oriented elaboration of digital marketing instruments
- Application of digital marketing concepts
- One case assessment, presentation and discussion in class (collaboration with other students in teams)
Date of written exam: 29.07.2022, 10:15 - 11:45 a.m.
Room: ZHG 101
Registration: in FlexNow 01.05.2022 - 22.07.2022
Case study presentations:
- Exemplary solution for the practice case will be presented on 25.05.2022 via Zoom at 4:00 pm by Johann Giertz
- Students’ case study presentations on Saturday, 09.07.2022, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 pm, room: Theologicum 1.110