Access Arrangements at ZESSHere at ZESS, we are unequivocally willing to assist students with a physical or mental handicap, such that they may confidently and assuredly complete their studies. To this effect, we offer access arrangements to ensure that no handicap shall stand in the way of a student's path to completing his/her university curriculum.
However, do take note of the following guidelines when contemplating access arrangements:
- We offer accommodation of the conditions and the structure of an assessment - the assessment content and its grading requirements cannot be changed.
- We are only able to accommodate students who have real need - be it the consequences of a handicap, chronic/acute mental illness or dyslexia; we are unable to take measures if there is no real requirement of access arrangement.
- When offering access arrangements, we always take into account the unique interplay between each individual student's health condition and the classroom/assessment situation.
- Video Clip: Access Arrangements at ZESS
- Submit a written application form to the assessment board at ZESS (at best before the course is due to begin).
- Describe and explain how your handicap may detract you from being appropriately assessed in view of the assessment conditions.
- Hand in a medical certificate signed either by a duly qualified medical specialist or psychiatrist.
Your application shall be considered by the assessment board. If indeed selected to receive access accommodations, both student and teacher will be notified in writing with specifications as to how to make amendments. The access arrangements shall be effected once both teacher and student have had the chance to confer with each other.