Allowances for course participations
Specialised expertise is required for every doctorate, but sometimes additional qualification in specialised areas is needed to complete the dissertation with high quality and using the latest methods or procedures. Since not every special course is offered in Göttingen and participation may involve travel costs and/or attendance fees, the GFA supports its doctoral researchers with grants to attend external specialised and methodological courses.
- Doctoral candidates have to fulfil the general requirements.
- Eligible for applying are doctoral candidates who, are members of the GFA (until submitting the dissertation).
- Per decision of the GFA board from 16th November 2020, allowances are provided for one course/workshop during PhD studies only. Funding is possible in addition to a funding for a conference trip.
Documents to be submitted
- Completed application form with original signatures of the applicant and the first supervisor
- Costs projection (total costs/amount applied for at the GFA with detailed information about: course fee, travel costs according to the DAAD regulations and accommodation costs according to the „Bundesreisekostengesetz“)
- Confirmation of application/acceptance (including indication of own contribution)
- Current certificate of enrolment
- The original receipts are to be submitted to the GFA no later than 4 weeks after the completion of the course or the associated journey.
- During the period of emergency funding, the GFA will not grant allowances for course participations.
- The amount of funding is up to 80% of the overall costs with a maximum funding amount of € 500 depending on the available budget of the GFA.
- A renewed application for courses that have already been funded is not possible.
- The approval of allowances does not justify the recognition of credits as relevant examination prerequisites.
For applications, please use the ready-made form. Information for the calculation of possible amounts of funding and general information on GFA allowances can be found in the box on the right. Please send your application (one PDF file, max. 10 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15th March -> earliest possible start of funding: 1st May
- 15th June -> earliest possible start of funding: 1st August
- 15th September -> earliest possible start of funding: 1st November
- 15th December -> earliest possible start of funding: 1st February of the following year