Get to know the faculty & studies
Still undecided? Then just come by, explore the city, get to know our faculty and talk to some students. This will help you decide on a subject and a place to study.
Here is a small example of what the day might look like at the Faculty of Physics:
- 10:00 - 10:15 Uhr:
- Arrival and reception in physics
- 10:15 - 11:00 Uhr:
- Interactive lecture - How does a physics degree work?
- 11:00 - 12:30 Uhr:
- First insights into the physics building: library, lecture hall, exercise rooms, CIP pools, etc. as well as a guided tour of an institute (e.g. astrophysics).
- 12:30 - 13:30 Uhr:
- Let's go to the canteen!
- 13:30 - 14:30 Uhr:
- An experiment makes you want more!
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 8 - 10 a.m. in Lecture Hall 1 of the Faculty of Physics, Friedrich-Hund Platz 1, 37077 Göttingen. The exercise dates can be chosen individually, as several dates are offered for selection. Mathematical Methods in Physics: This module consists of 4 SWS lecture and 2 SWS practical course in calculus. The lecture takes place
- Mondays, from 8 - 10 a.m. and
- Thursdays, from 12 - 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays, from 2 - 4 pm in Lecture Hall 1 of the Faculty of Physics, Friedrich-Hund Platz 1, 37077 Göttingen. *SWS means semester hour per week You can find more information on early study here .
in Lecture Hall 1 of the Faculty of Physics, Friedrich-Hund Platz 1, 37077 Göttingen. The Saal internship takes place
Site plan North Campus
The Faculty of Physics is located on the North Campus. The building, which was completed in 2005, houses all the institutes of the faculty as well as the dean's office, the dean of studies' office, 5 lecture halls, 18 seminar rooms, Cip pools, numerous group and individual workstations, the physics department library and a cafeteria (CaPhy). In the Site plan of the University there are numerous functions designed to help you find your way around the campus and to obtain information about rooms and accessibility. You can find information on how to use this building and room information system here.