- 1980-1988 Study of Theology in Mödling near Vienna.
- 1988-1991 Pastoral Activity in Papua New Guinea as member of the Steyler Missionary Order (SVD).
- 1992-1997 Study of Anthropology in Basel.
- 1998-2000 Field research in the western Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- 2004/05 Promotion at Göttingen University with a dissertation on the indigenization of christianity in the highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- 2004-2006 Research Assistant at Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology (Substitute for Dr. Dickhardt).
- Summer semester 2007: Substitute professorship at Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology (Succession Prof. Benzing).
- Since winter semester 07/08 Teacher for special assignments at Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology.
- 1998-2000 (25 months) with the West-Mendi in Southern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
- 2003 (2 months) Field research (re-visit) with the West-Mendi, PNG.
- 2006 (6 weeks) Field research with the West-Mendi and participation in the workshop „Chanted Tales in the New Guinea Highlands“ in Goroka, PNG.