Dr. Bruno Gabriel Witzel de Souza
- Research associate of the RTG 1723: "Globalization and Development”
- Researcher of the ”Historical Household Budgets Initative“
- Joint Coordinator of the Grupo Davatz-Sangbaul', in Brazil.
- 2014-2015: National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER): Assistant researcher of Prof. Dr. Aldo Musacchio and Prof. Dr. Diego Comin in a Project on the Brazilian railroad system at the beginning of the twentieth century
- 2012: University of São Paulo: Assistant researcher of Prof. Dr. Dante Aldrighi and Prof. Dr. Renato Perim Colistete in the UNIDO Project 'The Untold Story: Industrial Structural Change for Poverty Reduction: The Case of BRICS'.
- 2012: University of São Paulo: Tutorial World Economic History I.
- 2010-2011: Journal Estudos Econômicos: Technical assistant of the editorial board.
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.."Immigration and the Path-Dependence of Education: The Case of German-speakers in São Paulo, Brazil." (2018). Economic History Review, Vol.71, Issue 2 Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. Imigração Alemã e Mercado de Trabalho na Cafeicultura Paulista: Um Estudo Quantitativo dos Contratos de Parceria. História Econômica & História de Empresas, v. XV, p. 81-110, 2012. Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. “Organizations matter: German schools and educational performance amidst Brazilian plantations (1840-1940)”. In Mitch, D. and Cappelli, G. (eds.): The Age of Mass Migration and the Rise of Mass Schooling. Palgrave Macmillan (forthcoming April 2019).
- FALEIROS, R. N.; WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. O Sistema de Parceria e a Formação do Mercado de Trabalho Livre no Brasil: Aspectos Inerciais (1840-1930). In: CLADHE III - 3. Congresso Latino-americano de História Econômica ; XIII Jornadas de História Econômica - Simpósio 05, 2012, San Carlos de Bariloche. Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. The Historical Dependence of Education: Implications for Sustainable Development from a Study for São Paulo, Brazil (1840-2010). In: 7th German-Brazilian Symposium for Sustainable Development, 2015, Heidelberg. Book of Abstracts of the 7th German-Brazilian Symposium, 2015. Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. “Immigration Policies, Nationalities, and Occupational Sorting: New Evidence from the Age of Mass Migration in Sao Paulo, Brazil”. Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research (IAI) Discussion Papers (forthcoming).
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. “The Rationale of Sharecropping: Brazilian Coffee Planters and German-speaking Bonded Laborers in the Transition from Slavery (1830-1880)”. Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research (IAI) Discussion Papers (forthcoming).
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G. and Gardenal, L. A. S. “Households’ labor income, credit, and expenditure in a Brazilian plantation (Ibicaba, 1890-1950). Current under evaluation for the Working Paper Series of the Historical Household Budget Project.
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. Immigration and the Path-Dependence of Education: The Case of German-speakers in São Paulo, Brazil. Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research (IAI) Discussion Papers. N. 234 Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. Subsidies to the History of the German-Speaking Immigration to the Province/State of São Paulo, Brazil (1840-1920). Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research (IAI) Discussion Papers. N. 233. Link
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. The Challenge of International Migration: What A Historical Example Can Teach Us?. Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune: Veritas 2016/2017.
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. A Vocação Internacional de Rio Claro no Interior Paulista. Revista do Arquivo Público e Histórico do Município de Rio Claro, N. 15, , v. 15, 06 jun. 2015.
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. Construindo 'Sangbaul': Influências Socioeconômicas e Culturais dos Germânicos em Rio Claro. Revista do Arquivo Público e Histórico do Município de Rio Claro, N. 12, , v. 12, 07 dez. 2013.
- WITZEL-SOUZA, B. G.. 'Salve, Salve, Oh Santa Liberdade!' - Imigração Germânica no Interior Paulista. Revista do Arquivo Público e Histórico do Município de Rio Claro, N. 11, Rio Claro - SP, p. 11 - 15, 07 jun. 2013.
- Focus on the research field of ”Inequality and globalization“. Research project for PhD thesis based on the accumulation of human capital in the long-run and the historical determinants of educational decisions, with a focus on international migration.
- Research on historical budgets to foster our comprehension of microeconomic decisions and household resource allocation in the long-run. Primary focus on poverty and inequality based on micro-historical data.
- Group formed by young scholars to foster research and outreach activities (especially in cultural diplomacy) in the field of international relations among German-speaking countries and Brazil, with a focus on the state of São Paulo.
- Peer-reviewed journals
- Book chapter
- Complete articles in conference's booklets
- Extended abstract in conference's booklet
- Working Papers
- Outreach articles (available upon request)