Dr. Cara Ebert
former Research Associate & Doctoral Student
Chair of Development Economics / CeMIS, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer
Member of the Research Training Group Globalization and Development
Telephone: +49 551 39 - 12406
Room: CeMIS 1.118 (old building)
Office hours: by appointment
- Development Economics: Early Childhood Development, Health, Education, Impact Evaluation
Peer-reviewed journal articles:
- Bärnighausen T, Oldenburg C, Tugwell P, Bommer C, Ebert C, Barreto M, Djimeu E, Haber N, Waddington H, Rockers P, Sianesi B, Bor J, Fink G, Valentine J, Tanner J, Stanley T, Sierra E, Tchetgen ET, Atun R, Vollmer S (2017) Quasi-experimental study designs series: assessing the assumptions. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 89: 53-66.
- Manne-Goehler J, Geldsetzer P, Agoudavi K, Andall-Brereton G, Aryal KK, Bicaba BW, Bovet P, Brian G, Dorobantu M, Gathecha G, Gurung MS, Guwatudde D, Msaidie M, Houehanou C, Houinato D, Jorgensen JMA, Kagaruki GB, Karki KB, Labadarios D, Martins JS, Mayige MT, McClure RW, Mwalim O, Mwangi JK, Norov B, Quesnel-Crooks S, Silver BK, Sturua L, Tsabedze L, Wesseh CS, Stokes A, Marcus M, Ebert C, Davies JI, Vollmer S, Atun R, Bärnighausen T, Jaacks L (2019) Health system performance for people with diabetes in 28 low- and middle-income countries: A cross-sectional study of nationally representative surveys. PLOS Medicine, 16(3): e1002751
- Subramanyam M, Ebert C, Bommer C, Bogler L, Kumar A, Varghese S, Atre S and Vollmer S, (2017). Impact of the Gram Varta programme on health, nutrition and women's empowerment in India 3ie Grantee Final Report. New Delhi: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie).
- FAO (2016). Sex-Disaggregated Data and Gender Indicators in Agriculture: A Review of Data Gaps and Good Practices. Technical Report Series GO-12-2016. Rome.
- Iron supplementation and psychosocial stimulation to foster early childhood development: A randomized controlled trial in Bihar, India. Joint work with Esther Heesemann and Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer.
- Early childhood development and the heterogeneity in son preferences for the next born child in India. Joint work with Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer.
- Socio-economic predictors of hyperlipidemia in low- and middle-income countries. Joint work with the HPACC Team from the Harvard Chan School of Public Health and Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer.
- Intergenerational mobility in education: Disentangling nature from nurture components using the Indonesian Family Life Survey.
Courses in summer term 2018
- Field Experiments in Development Economics [UniVZ]