I am an agronomist with experience in Tropical and Temperate regions. My research interest lies in quantification and understanding of the effects and response of crops to extreme weather events based on experimentation and agro-ecosystem modelling - to contribute with solutions for better cope with current and future environmental challenges.
Research foci and activities:
- Understanding the relative importance of genotype and management on crop yield performance under current and future conditions
- Identifying required improvements in current crop models regarding the representation of crop response to abiotic stresses (focus: barley)
- Identifying model-based barley ideotypes for future climate conditions
- Model-based agro-climate risk assessment in tropical and sub-tropical agricultural lands with limited access to high-quality environmental data
- B.Agr.0320.Mp: Introduction to Tropical and International Agriculture
- B.Agr.0400: Applications of explorative data analysis to agronomy
- M.Agr.0182: Blended E-course: Crop Modelling for Risk Management
- M.SIA.P16M.Mp: Crop Modelling for Risk Management
- M.Agr.0001.Mp: Exercises: Linking Models and Experimentation (bi-lingual)
- M.SIA.P22.Mp: Management of tropical plant production systems
Bracho-Mujica, G., Hayman, P.T., Sadras, V.O. & Ostendorf, B. 2021, A method for simulating risk profiles of wheat yield in data-sparse conditions, The Journal of Agricultural Science (158): 1-12.
Bracho-Mujica G., Hayman P. T. & Ostendorf B. 2019, Modelling long-term risk profiles of wheat grain yield with limited climate data, Agricultural Systems (173): 393-402.
Bracho-Mujica G., Hayman P. T., Sadras V. O. & Ostendorf B. 2019, Simple scaling of climate inputs allows robust extrapolation of modelled wheat yield risk at a continental scale, Climate Risk Management (23): 101-113.