Dr. Prakashan Chellattan Veettil was a GlobalFood member from 2013-2015. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Research Fellow, IRRI (International Rice Research Institute), Delhi, India
Prakashan Chellattan Veettil
Oct, 2013 - Sept, 2015: Post Doctoral Researcher, Georg-August-University Goettingen, Germany
Nov, 2012 - Sept, 2013: Assistant Professor at Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum, India
April, 2012 – Oct, 2012: Assistant Professor at Environment and Development Unit, Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), New Delhi, India.
July, 2011 – March, 2012: Post Doctoral Fellow at the Department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium.
FIELD OF RESEARCH
DFG Research Training Group (RTG) 1666 “Transformation of Global Agri-Food Systems: Trends, Driving Forces and Implications for Developing Countries”
Oct 2011: PhD, Ghent University, Belgium
Dissertation: “Irrigation Water Management and Pricing Institutions in Krishna River Basin, India”
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Food supply chains and quality trade
- Technology impact analysis
- Natural resource management, pricing and valuation
- Choice experiments
Teaching at CDS, Trivandrum:
MA 202. Econometrics: Theory and Application (Developed teaching and practical module)
Teaching Assistant for the course Applied Econometrics (2009-2010 second semester) and Research Methods in Agricultural Economics (2010-11 first semester) at the department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium.
a) Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Veettil, P.C., P. Raghu, & A. Ashok (2020). Information quality, adoption of climate-smart varieties and their economic impact in flood-risk areas. Environment and Development Economics, 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1355770X20000212.
- Gupta, I., P.C. Veettil, & S. Speelman (2020) Caste, Technology and Social Network. Journal of South Asia Development. (in press)
- Veettil, P.C., T.R. Prabhakaran, B. Mohapatra, B. & S. Mohanty (2020) Gender differences in participation and career preferences of rural youth in agriculture. Development in Practice (in press).
- Sibiko, K., P.C. Veettil, & M. Qaim (2018). Small Farmers’ Preferences for Weather Index Insurance: Insights from Kenya. Agriculture & Food Security, 7(1): 53. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40066-018-0200-6.
- Pede, V., T. Yamano, P.C Veettil, & I. Gupta (2018). Receiving Information about Rice Seeds on Mobile Phones in Eastern India. Development in Practice 28 (1): 95-106. https://doi.org/10.1080/09614524.2018.1397105.
- Aravindakshan, S., F. Rossi, T.S. Amjath-babu, P.C. Veettil, & T. Krupnick (2018). Application of a Bias-Corrected Meta-frontier Approach and an Endogenous Switching Regression to Analyze the Technical Efficiency of Conservation Tillage in South Asia. Journal of Productivity Analysis 49: 153-171. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11123-018-0525-y.
- Krishna, V.V, D.J. Spielman, P.C. Veettil (2015). Exploring the supply and demand factors of varietal turnover in Indian wheat. Journal of Agricultural Science. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0021859615000155.
- Krishna, V.V., P.C. Veettil (2014). Productivity and efficiency impacts of zero tillage wheat in northwest Indo-Gangetic Plains. Agricultural Systems, 127, 126-138.
b) Other publications
- Veettil, P.C., V.V. Krishna, M. Qaim (2014). Bt cotton and ecosystem impact of pesticide reductions. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 41. www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Krishna, V.V, D.J. Spielman, P.C. Veettil, S. Ghimire (2014). An empirical examination on the dynamics of cultivar turnover in Indian wheat. IFPRI Discussion Paper 1336, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington D.C. www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/ifpridp01336.pdf.