Dr. René Abel
- 2012-2017: Research assistant and doctoral student for Prof. Dr. Indre Maurer, Chair of Organization and Corporate Development, Georg-August-University Goettingen (Germany)
- 2014-2017: Research & Teaching assistant and doctoral student at the Department of Marketing and Management, Macquarie University, Sydney (Australia)
- 2005-2012: Academic study of economics focussed on management, technology- and innovation management and psychology at Philipps-University Marburg.
- 2011: Practical training at university clinic of Giessen and Marburg (UKGM) in the divisions business management and quality management.
- Change Processes
- Innovation Management and Strategy
- Interorganizational Collaboration: Strategic Alliances and Networks
- Knowledge and Organizational Learning
- Strategic Management
Teaching experience as Teaching Assistant
- Tutor for undergraduate unit MKTG309 Social Marketing and Sustainability, (3 hours/week), Macquarie University, term 3
- Tutor for undergraduate unit BBA220 Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management, (2 hours/week), Macquarie University, term 1 & 2
- Research seminar for bachelor thesis students: Stock corporations in theory and practice, (2 hours/week), Goettingen University, winter 2014/2015
- Research seminar for master thesis students: Interorganizational cooperations in the innovation process of SME, (2 hours/week), Goettingen University, summer 2014
- Organizational design and change, (2 hours/week), tutorial for undergraduate course, Goettingen University, winter 2013/2014
- Research seminar for master thesis students: Intra- and inter-organizational knowledge transfer in multinational firms (2 hours/week), Goettingen University, summer 2013
- Abel, R.N., Chavan, M., Maurer, I. (2016): Contextual ambidexterity in the light of national culture: A comparative study of the interplay of managerial and organizational components in Australian, German and Indian biotechnology SMEs, 30th Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management, Newcastle, England.
- Abel, R.N., Chavan, M. (2016): Joint knowledge creation and application in strategic alliances: How knowledge management practices enhance top management?s learning intent, 30th Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management, Newcastle, England.
- Abel, R.N. (2016): The balance of exploration and exploitation in inter- and intra-organizational relationships and its performance implications, EURAM Doctoral Colloquium 2016, Paris, France.
- Abel, R.N., Maurer, I., Bort, S. (2015) How Absorptive Capacity impacts the Value of Balanced Alliance Networks, 29th Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management conference, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Abel, R.N. (2015) Capitalizing the Value of Absorptive Capacity by Social Integration Mechanisms, ANZAM 2015 Year-End Doctoral Workshop, Queenstown, New Zealand 1 December 2015.
Awards and Prices
- Finalist of the Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper Awards at the EURAM 2016 conference
- 12/2015: Most Promosing Paper Award 2015, ANZAM Year-End Doctoral Workshop, Queenstown, New Zealand
- 09/2015: 3rd Prize in 3 Minute Thesis Competition, Faculty of Business and Economics & Macquarie Graduate School of Management
- 2014 - 2016: Cotutelle International Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (iMQRES)